The Quality Technician is responsible for identification of part quality checkpoints, processing production parts through metrology (measurement), quality reporting, writing related work instructions, upkeep of lab equipment calibration and administration of our quality system. This role will also help develop operational procedures and policies to maintain an efficient, effective and high-quality manufacturing environment.
The right candidate must have experience working within a precision manufacturing environment with knowledge of advanced manufacturing equipment as well as general shop operating procedures. You must have sound technical knowledge, proven application experience, understanding of quality and process control systems, excellent attention to detail, time management, troubleshooting skills and professional communication.
- Coordinate with Project Managers and Design Engineers to identify part quality checkpoints within the manufacturing process.
- Manage workload and maintain a production schedule, in the metrology lab, to ensure on-time delivery to our customers.
- Operation of i3DMFG’s quality lab equipment (including the CMM and various other quality assurance equipment).
- Perform and facilitate outside calibration of the equipment.
- Administer quality control system and create inspection reports.
- Write process procedures
- Aid in the continued improvement of the Quality Management System
- Coordinate with Operations and Sales on availability, schedule and readiness of orders.
- Report to Management on utilization, job status, non-conformance, etc.
- Undergraduate Engineering degree or trade certification
- Demonstrated knowledge of engineering design and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T)
- Basic understanding of Powder Bed Fusion process
- Working knowledge of CAD systems, specifically Solidworks.
- Quality or process qualifications
- Hands-on experience working with precision measurement equipment
- Experience in using coordinate measurement machine (CMM)
- Excellent hand tool, workshop skills required, good at working with your hands
- Experience in Additive Manufacturing industry is desirable
- Work history demonstrating exposure to like industrial manufacturing environment
- Proven leadership ability
- Good time management and attention to detail is a must
- Excellent references from previous employers
- Ability to report to i3DMFG office in The Dalles, OR
- Clean Drug Test
- Clean record/background check
Integrated 3D™ LLC offers a competitive benefit package that includes insurance, medical, retirement plans and vacation time.