Integrated 3D LLC (i3D MFG) is a 3D manufacturing company located in The Dalles, OR. We are looking for a select group of experienced, highly motivated, forward thinking individuals to join our expert team at the Pacific Northwest’s premier Powder Bed Fusion/Additive Manufacturing & Engineering facility.
The Shop Technician will be responsible for machine set-up, maintenance and post processing of DMLM parts. The right match for this job will have a strong mechanical aptitude, have proven experience in manufacturing and/or fabrication, be comfortable working with CNC and milling machinery, proficient with hand tools, be self-motivated, have a strong attention to detail with a quality mind-set, be a pro-active non-procrastinator, that has flexibility with scheduled hours.
Integrated 3D, LLC offers a competitive benefit package that includes insurance, medical, retirement plans and vacation time.
- General shop duties to facilitate the production of DMLM parts including: DMLM machine set-up, powder sieving, DMLS machine clean-out, material changes, heat treating, part removal using EDM and finishing work utilizing CNC/manual milling and or hand tools.
- Identify and troubleshoot process, material, or equipment problems to minimize down time and recommend solutions to the Operations Manager.
- Assist the Operations Manager to develop, assemble, procure or modify existing and new tooling, fixtures, and equipment to ensure efficient production methods.
- Assist the Operations Manager and Engineers with revisions and improvements to manufacturing methods and procedures, including writing change orders and deviations.
- Complete and document routine maintenance on applicable manufacturing and test equipment.
- Read schematics, assembly drawings, data sheets, and process sheets to ensure conformance and quality of in-process parts.
- Assist in failure analysis, troubleshooting, rework/repair of non-conforming manufactured product to determine root cause.
- Promote and support Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement activities in Manufacturing.
- Comply with policies, guidelines and regulatory requirements per the i3DMFG Quality System.
- Assist the Operations Manager to install and validate equipment and processes in the production area to improve yield and/or reduce cycle time following the established validation procedure.
- Work collaboratively and communicate clearly with Sales to ensure timely delivery on agreed, realistic client schedules
- Ability to perform all assigned tasks, work independently, and complete work on schedule.
- Follow Operations Manager and Engineers direction while displaying cooperative and positive behavior with co-workers.
- Basic understanding and ability to read prints and schematics.
- Ability to use and understand general test/measurement equipment including DVM, calipers, height gauges, etc.
- Background in practical mechanics, electrical, and troubleshooting.
- Excellent references from previous employers.
- Ability to report to I3DMFG office in The Dalles, OR.
- Clean Drug Test.
- Clean record/background check
- Strong verbal, written, and electronic communication
- Working knowledge of computer programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook)
- CAD experience a plus
- CNC programming a plus
- Wire EDM experience a plus
- Experience in a regulated environment, such as ISO, AS, ITAR
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot electro-mechanical systems with knowledge of PLC’s, control systems, and machine interface is a plus